- Welcome, Daphine Priscilla Brown-Jack. For those who might not be familiar with you, would you be a dear and tell the readers a little about yourself?
(Daphine) I have been married for almost 27 years, I have 4 amazing children 2 boys 2 girls. I love life, and love to keep it simple. I don’t stress the negativity in life.
(Kameron) How did you get your start in the writing business?
(Daphine) Early years I would write poems without the thought of writing a book. As an adult and my life was changed and I was intrigue to write a book and let the world know that whatever you go through you can out!
- All writers fear the dreaded “block”. Please tell us how you handle it.
(Daphine) I just stop and reflect take a few days away from my writing and then start back up again.
- Contrary to what some people envision about a romance writer’s life, it’s not all glitz and glam. Well not for the majority of us. With that bubble sadly busted, when you’re not writing, how to do you spend your time?
(Daphine) I spend my time with family promoting my daughter’s music as well as my book. I also like to travel, just got back from Los Angeles and had the pleasure of meeting with Stevie Wonder at the bookstore while leaving a copy of my book. My assistance and I had almost an half of hour conversation with him. He is an amazing and extraordinary man from God. Also he invited back to his radio show to talk about my book.
- I know many writers, such as myself, keep their pastime/career a secret. Do those close to you know you write? If so, what are their thoughts?
(Daphine) Most close did not know that I write LOL and I didn’t either. But their thoughts are will you write another, or will you start writing as a career!
- Will you share with us your all time favorite authors? If you’re like me, it’s a long list so give us your top ten.
(Daphine) My all time favorite authors are: Joel Osteen, Bryan Stevenson, & John Grisham
- If you could choose one book to go to the big screen, yours or otherwise, which book would you choose and whom would you love see casted in the parts?
(Daphine) I would choose my book to go to the big screen and would love to see casted is Blair Underwood, Michael Ealey, Loretta Devine.
On August 26, 2009, Daphine Priscilla Brown-Jack thought everything was fine. While driving home from work, she began to reflect on her day, grateful for all her blessings. But just as her gut instinct told her something was wrong, her phone rang. As her daughter relayed news of an allegation against her husband–the man who was always serving and loving God and his family–Daphine’s life plunged into turmoil. Suddenly, nothing was fine.
In the coming months as the situation in her home grew unbearable, Daphine knew she could no longer depend on anyone and turned to her only remaining hope and strength: God. As she relives the emotional experience of watching her life fall apart before her eyes, Daphine provides a compelling glimpse inside her personal journey as she separated fact from fiction, navigated through the criminal justice system, and learned to trust in God’s purpose and plan for her life.
The Other Side of the Story is the inspirational true story of one woman’s struggles within herself, her family, her faith, and the justice system after her husband is wrongfully accused of a crime.
- Would you care to tell us what you’re working on now? That is if it’s not top-secret information. If so, just whisper it in my ear. I swear it’ll go no further.
(Daphine) New book title “Learning How to Keep Life Simple”
- Where can we find your stories and is there a particular reading order?
(Daphine) Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads
- Would you please share how your present and future fans can contact you?
- Before we conclude this enlightening interview, do you have anything else you’d like to share? The stage is all yours.
(Daphine) When you read my book look beyond trying to find the detail of the story but learn from the story. Learn how to not give up when going through a struggle. Learn how to be persistence when going through a struggle. Learn that your struggle will end. As one critic say “This was a very thoughtful, compassionate and compelling story of struggle and faith”. Another reader states: “First and foremost, Daphine’s writing style is incredibly engaging. The Other Side of the Story is a certified page-turner. I just couldn’t put it down! This is made all the more impressive by the fact that the author never reveals what the accusations against her husband are. To be honest, I wasn’t sure if she’d be able to hold my attention as reader, without going into detail on the charges. I’m no author myself, but if I was, I might have taken the easy route and attempted to hook the reader with the “tell-all” strategy. Instead, it was Daphine’s skillful storytelling abilities that kept me riveted to my seat (and gripping the armrest).”
Daphine, I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day and sharing a bit of yourself with me and whomever graciously reads this interview. I’m sure when they finish this and The Other Side of the Story, readers will be in awe of your strength and your profound faith. You and your family could’ve stopped fighting but you didn’t. That shows great character and penning down your story also takes courage which I, like many others, applaud you for. I congratulate you and wish you the very best in life.