Table of Contents
1) The Island of Bliss
2) On Fear and All!
3) On A Rainy Day
4) We Used to Talk
5) The Treehouse
6) She Only Thought I Was Dead
7) Clay Soldiers
8) High Heels, Stockings and Murder
9) The Last Kiss
10) The Nightcaller
11) A Midnight Date
12) Love Like Thorn
13) Hotel California, A Tribute
14) The Last Breath Of Winter
15) An Unexpected Meeting
16) Red Lips
17) Jack In The Box
18) Revolution Imminent
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)
At 70 pages, this collection is a bargain at .99¢. Out of 18 short, creepy, weirdly fascinating tales, 10 of them can be skipped (IMHO) but, hey, you still have 8 stories worthy of every penny spent on them.
I’m going to discuss the 5 spooky tales that I think are most memorable and worthy of a featured episode on the Twilight Zone.
1. “Island of Bliss” – Sirens have been, and always will be, creepy as all get out!
2. “The Treehouse” – Twisted, mysterious, with a touch of spookiness thrown in for good measure. Basically, a mighty good read!
3. “Clay Soldiers” – My momma always told me never talk to strangers and, most definitely, NEVER take anything from one. Cat gave us a frightening reason why the heck not. Good read!
4. “The Nightcaller” – This story ended on a ominous note which bloody delighted me. No pun intended. 🙂
5. “Revolution Imminent” – Cat saved the best for last. This tale will please the readers who think technology will lead to our doom. Yeah, you know there are those out there who believe this with all their hearts.
Heart Rating System:
1 (lowest) and 5 (highest)
Cat Nicolaou lives with her family and many pets on a small island in Greece. She grew up surrounded by crystal clear blue waters and beautiful beaches. Living in such a peaceful area, she enjoys the idyllic setting around her. It is therefore not surprising that she likes to write romantic stories. Strolling by the seaside is where she gets all her inspiration. As an ever-romantic herself, she likes writing and reading stories with a happy ending, though she does torment her characters before they find a happy resolution.
Not being one of those authors who have been writing since childhood, it came as a real surprise to the people around her when she finally decided to do it. But “When Time Comes”, life has a way to show you what needs to be done and she finally realised that she had to put her stories on paper and let people know her.
The greatest joy of writing for her is seeing where the characters will take her every time she starts a story.
Besides spending time with books, she likes drinking coffee like a maniac and listening to music. She also enjoys riding her motorcycle because it makes her feel free. Do not, therefore, be surprised if her next book includes a biker.
Her debut novella “When Time Comes” was published in February 2015. A story set on the island of Rhodes where a famous rock star and an artist find love that can last forever.
Filed under Uncategorized