Welcome, Holly J. Gill!
1. For those who might not be familiar with you, would you be a dear and tell the readers a little about yourself? How did you get your start in the writing business?
(Holly) I am a wife, mum and a nana to twins. I live in England and work as a care assistant in a residential home. I write whatever genre takes my imagination, currently I have an erotic series out now called Desires and a sweet adult romance called Innocence all published with Secret Cravings Publishing. In my spare time I enjoy camping with hubby, spending time surrounded by my family socializing with friends, and reading. I also enjoy travelling around the stunning English countryside and visiting stately homes and castles.
I started writing back in my childhood and written in my spare time ever since.
2. Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, please share how you handle it.
(Holly) I rarely suffer with writers block and if it occurs I listen to the tunes that I have used to inspire me for the story, and in time my imagination soon re-boots.
3. Contrary to what some people envision about a romance writer’s life, it’s not all glitz and glam. Well not for the majority of us. With that bubble sadly busted, when you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
(Holly) Spending quality time with my family, sitting and reading, chilling out when able.
4. I know many writers, such as myself, keep their pastime/career a secret. Do those close to you know you write? If so, what are their thoughts?
(Holly) Most people are aware I write, their reaction is ‘wow’. I have in the past come across jealous people who try to humiliate me, but for me I just walk away I don’t have time for those people.
5. Will you share with us your all-time favorite authors? If you’re like me, it’s a long list so give us your top ten.
Gosh there are so many more fantastic authors out there!
6. If you could choose one book to go to the big screen, yours or otherwise, which book would you choose and whom would you love to see cast in the parts?
(Holly) Innocence and this because of the heart-wrenching scenes littered in disbelief. Pepe Toth would have to play himself, as he was the guy I used for the main hero/ heroine of Calvin Edwards
7. Would you care to tell us what you’re working on now? That is if it’s not top-secret information. If so, just whisper it in my ear. I swear it’ll go no further.
(Holly) Book Two in the Innocence series called ‘Innocence Of Love’
8. Where can we find your stories, and is there a particular reading order?
(Holly) All my books come in the series needing the correct reading order, I haven’t yet managed to write a series as stand-alone. I never actually start a book and think this is going to be so many books long, I truly never know until getting close to the end of the book. Innocence was only going to be one book…ended up four. And my erotic series Desires, the first two books were written side-by-side and the third and fourth were written two years later and book five came to me five years after the original. I just never know where the characters will take me. That is the fun about being a writer.
9. Would you please share how your present and future fans can contact you?
10. Before we conclude this enlightening interview, do you have anything else you’d like to share? The stage is all yours.
(Holly) I would sincerely love to thank all the people who have supported me through all these years of writing and encouraging me to never give up in the publishing world. I would love to thank my readers and fans for all their support and I hope they enjoy Innocence as much as I did writing it.
Finally, I would like to offer some advice to want to be writers, to be a writer you need to write, even if it’s a paragraph a day. To get published give it all you have, never be afraid to ask for help or advice we don’t bite!
Holly, you’ve given some sound advice which I hope others will act upon. Thank you!
Now though, we’ve come to the part of the show where I give my two cents on Innocence. I hope you decide to stick around and read it. I also added a trailer for your entertainment.
Calvin Edwards, has everything he could dream about, perfect lifestyle, running the family real-estate company back in London. He takes a holiday up North to visit his parents, only when out walking on his parents land, he finds a young pregnant woman attempting to take her life. Calvin wishes to help, becoming a friend through her troubles, only fears he’s out of his depth, let alone discovers his past comes back to life, sending his life crashing.
Kacey is pregnant and her life is out of control, with nowhere left to go. She descends on her mum for one last chance for help, only the door is slammed in her face. At her wits end, alone, scared and helpless until Calvin comes along. He becomes a dear friend giving her kindness. Only what she’d pushed to the back of her mind through selfish pain, is back. Her past has come back to life!
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)
If you ever wished a man would NOT bottle up his emotions, then you’re going to love Calvin. I truly believe I’ve never “seen” a man cry as much as him. Yeah, some of his tears were justified. Ok, about 90-95%. However, when he finally wiped those tears away and snapped —-Holy Moly!!
He sure let Kacey have it and rightfully so. Lead a man to believe one thing and then disclose another. The first was heart wrenching enough but the latter was just as hard to process.
Yes, I’m being vague on purpose. After all, Holly and I want you to read the book.
Warning: Cliffhanger ending.
Heart Rating System – 1 (lowest) and 5 (highest)
I’ve notified Holly the various sites/links she sent me are now invalid. I’m sorry for this. Hopefully, this feature will be updated soon so sales can be made.
(Updated 9/28 w/new purchase link)
Book 2. Innocence of love COMING SOON
Book 3. Breaking Innocence
Book 4. Return To Innocence