(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)
Spiders the size of birds, mosquitos the size of hummingbirds, poisonous snakes, and freaking headhunters…. HELL -TO- THE – NO!
It would have to be a really good cause, like the one Leah is faced with, before I dare to travel to the Amazon.
Seriously, J.K. described it so vividly that you can actually see the words/images pop off the pages.
So real, in fact, I dreamt about it and woke up in a cold sweat. Damn you, Arachnophobia (fear of spiders).
So even though a real life trek through the Amazon is out of the question for me, I’d follow J.K. there anytime (just maybe not before bedtime). *winks*
Folks, you should make the journey with J.K. as well. Literally, some sort of action was occurring in each chapter.
This was an highly-charged adventure novel which had me entertained from beginning to the end.
Heart Rating System – 1 (lowest) and 5 (highest)
1) Welcome, J.K Winn. For those who might not be familiar with you, would you be a dear and tell the readers a little about yourself? How did you get your start in the writing business?
(J.K.Winn) Even as a child I always thought someday I would someday be a writer, like my mother who dabbled in poetry, but writing wasn’t my original career choice. Lucky for me, the career I choose entailed listening to the stories of others, so that once I decided it was time for a career change, and realized writing was the only thing that spoke to me, I had a ton of stories in my head to mine for my novels. While I respected my clients privacy and would never use their stories directly, I was able to take bits and pieces and pull them together in unique and creative ways.
3) Contrary to what some people envision about a romance writer’s life, it’s not all glitz and glam. Well not for the majority of us. With that bubble sadly busted, when you’re not writing, how to do you spend your time?
(J.K.Winn) When I’m not writing, I’m usually on the move. I have a full and wonderful life, with many friends and family. I love to dance, to hike, to workout, to read, to eat and…well, to eat some more. There’s rarely a dull moment.
4) I know many writers, such as myself, keep their pastime/career a secret. Do those close to you know you write? If so, what are their thoughts?
(J.K.Winn) Everyone knows I write, and they’re all supportive of it. My son is my plot partner and I couldn’t write a book without his help. And my friends are my best audience. Unfortunately, most of them ladmire my work and rarely critique it, but it’s good to have a built in fan club.
5) Will you share with us your all time favorite authors? If you’re like me, it’s a long list so give us your top ten.
(J.K.Winn) Oh, my. I have so many favorite authors. Let’s see, I love Toni Morrison, Barbara Kingsolver, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Pat Conroy, Joyce Carol Oates, Gillian Flynn, Kurt Vonnegut, Dennis Lehane, Mikhail Bulgakov and on and on and on.
(KAM) I’m sorry to admit I haven’t read anything from any of those authors. Maybe I need to rectify that snafu.
6) If you could choose one book to go to the big screen, yours or otherwise, which book would you choose and whom would you love see casted in the parts?
(J.K.Winn) I’d love to see my romantic action adventure, River of Desire, on the big screen. I think it’s an exciting and lush novel, a cross between Romancing the Stone and The Boys from Brazil, and would shine with Kira Knightly as Leah, Oliver Martinez as Dylan and Ian McKellan as Leah’s grandfather.
7) Would you care to tell us what you’re working on now? That is if it’s not top-secret information. If so, just whisper it in my ear. I swear it’ll go no further.
(J.K.Winn) I’m working right now on a sequel to Out of the Shadow about a woman who witnesses a murder while in a blackout and is trying desperately to remember what happened and who did it, before she becomes the next victim. Stay tuned for its publication by the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016.
8) Where can we find your stories and is there a particular reading order?
(J.K.Winn) My books are all published on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and the Apple store. Here are the links:
9) Would you please share how your present and future fans can contact you?
(J.K.Winn) If anyone would like to get in touch with me, you can find me on my blog at www.jkwinn.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authorjswinn.com or at Twitter at www.twitter.com/authorjswinn.com
Ladies and Gents, I hope you enjoyed my interview with J.K. Winn. If you have any questions or comments for J. K. Winn, by all means, leave her a message below. Thank you in advance for your visit.
Thank you Kameron for your help with this book. I look forward to reading your review when you get around to completing it.