- Welcome, Clemy Warner-Thompson . For those who might not be familiar with you, would you be a dear and tell the readers a little about yourself? How did you get your start in the writing business?
(CLT) Well, writing runs in my family. There is an artistic skill that runs through my parents and my four brothers. I started writing when I turned 13, jotting small ideas down on paper. Everyone thought it would just be a faze, but I continued to jot down such ideas into my teens and eventually, I put them all together into my first book which was self- published six years later (after many re-writes and editing!) I am now three books down the line, half way through my fourth.
- All writers fear the dreaded “block”. Please tell us how you handle it.
(CLT) When I get writer’s block, I simply stop writing and wait until it fades. I don’t push myself to fight against it. I just wait until I get the urge to write again. Sometimes it takes a long while to pass, but then it gives me time to rest.
- Contrary to what some people envision about a romance writer’s life, it’s not all glitz and glam. Well not for the majority of us. With that bubble sadly busted, when you’re not writing, how to do you spend your time?
(CLT) I think of writing!
If I’m not physically writing or at work, then I’m thinking of writing; I jot down ideas; I design my characters; I role play parts of my story so that they are just right. I never stop.
- I know many writers, such as Dirk and myself, keep their pastime/career a secret. Do those close to you know you write? If so, what are their thoughts?
(CLT) Yes, every person in my life must know that I write. Sometimes I keep talking about my current project and people just have to walk away so I stop. I don’t think my family have always believed that I’d keep going, dreaming of getting somewhere with my books, but the older I get, the more the support they offer me.
- Will you share with us your all time favorite authors? If you’re like me, it’s a long list so give us your top ten.
(CLT) I have read many, many books growing up, but to be honest, none of them have been so poignant that I would call them my favourite. I enjoyed reading The Immortal Series by Alyson Noel and I enjoyed the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paulini
- If you could choose one book to go to the big screen, yours or otherwise, which book would you choose and whom would you love see casted in the parts?
(CLT) That is too difficult for my own books!! I think I would like the Inheritance Cycle to go to the big screen. Eragon has already been made, but the others are nowhere to be seen. They cast that book well. I can imagine Dakota Fanning as cursed Elva!
- Would you care to tell us what you’re working on now? That is if it’s not top-secret information. If so, just whisper it in my ear. I swear it’ll go no further.
(CLT) Well, I am currently working on the first of a possible three- a dark fantasy series based on the journey of Abbii, a young adult who discovers that magic runs through her blood. Her life is not at all what it has seemed. When Darkness threatens to envelop her, she runs to try and save those that she has left, unknowingly carrying the most powerful weapon known to the Darkness- her heart.
- Where can we find your stories and is there a particular reading order?
(CLT) All three of my books so far are available on Lulu. Purest Light is the first of the series, Darkest Regrets and New Beginnings follow on. Or if you visit my Facebook page and contact me directly, I can sort something out.
And folks, stay tuned because Clemy will be back this Friday with a story feature.