- For those who might not be familiar with you, would you be a dear and tell the readers a little about yourself? How did you get your start in the writing business?
Hi! Thank you. I’m the man behind AfterDark Online – the founder – the owner of an erotic submissions website, I’m the man who enjoys providing erotic media for other writers and readers of erotica. I live out in Nevada, not Vegas, but close to Salt Lake City to say. I’m originally a New Yorker by birth and life, but I do love the West & West Coast; been West Coast bound since 2005 – LOL.
As far as my writing, it all happened by accident to say. Although, years ago, I was a writer when I was serving detention in high school, and then in the summer of 2010.
The genres I enjoy writing is male/female, lesbian erotic romance, and ménage romance.
- All writers fear the dreaded “block”. Please tell us how you handle it.
Augh! I hate having writer’s block! But how do I handle it? I just type in 100 – 200 words and see where it goes. I don’t expect it to pan out the way I want it, but I do it because I hate to put things off and quit, especially if I know I’m on fire. Although, I know when I’m working too hard on a particular scene it’s time to cut those losses and pick it up at another time.
- Contrary to what some people envision about a romance writer’s life, it’s not all glitz and glam. Well not for the majority of us. With that bubble sadly busted, when you’re not writing, how to do you spend your time?
I hang out with my girlfriend of almost eight years; she’s my boo (the love of my life). I am a quiet guy, in one way, but I do have an outgoing personality when I socialize with people I know.
- I know many writers, such as Dirk and myself, keep their pastime/career a secret. Do those close to you know you write? If so, what are their thoughts?
Well, I live in a town which is small and somewhat conservative in some cases. I don’t have any shame to address what I write, because I live in a town where sin is a career. As far as my family, my mother doesn’t approve of what I do, but my father understands the business I do, and how I enjoy what I write. My girlfriend, while she doesn’t read any of my work, she is supportive – very supportive. I have friends and acquaintances that know my work, and they cheer me on.
- Will you share with us your all time favorite authors? If you’re like me, it’s a long list so give us your top ten.
– Dawne Prochilo – my mentor and I love her work.
– Kharisma Rhayne – another mentor
– Jodi Olson – I love her work and she discovered me.
– Nichelle Gregory – She’s best known to throw down a 5-flame story.
– Ana Hart – She’s great with her work!
– Brenda Woody & Steve Tindle – I really love their work!
– Erin Miller – I do enjoy reading f/f romance, and I see potential from this author.
– Kellie Kamryn – something about her work intrigues me, but I also love the way she makes her readers laugh on some of her stories.
- If you could choose one book to go to the big screen, yours or otherwise, which book would you choose and whom would you love see casted in the parts?
Ha-ha! Well, I don’t have a cast originally, but the book I can imagine would be off re-work of my Work-In-Progress: About The Night Ride Home. This story has inspired me to create a series called “Darla Loves Tyler Series”
- Would you care to tell us what you’re working on now? That is if it’s not top-secret information. If so, just whisper it in my ear. I swear it’ll go no further.
What secret? LMAO! Well for a starter, I’m working on several manuscripts.
– Finding Possibilities, a cougar erotic romance novel where I’m showing the realities of an older woman dating a man ten years younger than her. It’s a happily ever story, but I wanted to point out the myths and realities of that relationship, where it’s not a May/Dec relationship, but a possibility – and how.
– Service With A Smile, Book 1 (Friday the 13th), an erotic comedy based on real events when I worked at a hotel, and my current job in the casino. It also features actual events from my friends and co-workers.
– We’re In Together Now, a ménage romance between a guy and two other women. How they all became lovers, instead of a trio.
– About The Night Ride Home, my most favorite story to write. However, I wrote this story in 2011, but never published it, due to other commitments and new ideas that rose this past year.
- Where can we find your stories and is there a particular reading order?
Well, I have a book published by Romance Devine called The Girl Upstairs. You can get that at Amazon, ARe, B&N, Kobo, and almost any commercial eBook distributor.
I will be coming out with my first lesbian erotic romance Her Angela and Protection Series
- Would you please share how your present and future fans can contact you?
I do have a fan page – Author Ray Sostre on Facebook
You can catch me on Twitter: @anarchy0029, and I do have a personal blog (NSFW) The AfterDark World with Ray Sostre. http://theafterdarkworld.blogspot.com I post short erotic snippets, I do reviews, and have guest bloggers on there.
- Before we wrap up this enlightening interview, do you have anything else you’d like to share? The stage is all yours.
I’m a huge 007 fan. Been watching 007 movies since 1983 – Yes Octopussy! What a name! I have a huge collection of them, and will collect more.
Many who know me personally knows that I have an outgoing personality, but I’m really a low-key, private person, and I enjoy being behind the scenes.
There you have it, ladies and gents.
I want to again thank Ray for stopping by and I look forward to your next visit.
It’s been an absolute pleasure to be here. Thank you so much.